Thursday, January 19, 2012
Mark Wahlberg Apologizes For 9/11 Comments
First Published: January 19, 2012 11:35 AM EST Credit: Getty Images NY, N.Y. -- Caption Mark Wahlberg attends the 2011 National Board of Review of Motion Pictures Gala at Cipriani 42nd Street, NYC, January 11, 2011Mark Wahlberg has apologized for asserting that he would have stopped terrorists from flying an airliner into NYs World Trade Center on Sept. 11 if he had been on the plane. The star of the film Contraband issued his apology Wednesday after comments he made to Mens Journal drew criticism. He told an interviewer in the February issue that had he been on American Airlines Flight 11 with his children it wouldnt have went down like it did. Terrorists flew the plane with 92 people aboard into the north tower on Sept. 11, 2001. In his apology, Wahlberg said to speculate was ridiculous to begin with. He said that to suggest he would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible. Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment